登陆注册
10553400000003

第3章 DuringtheMeeting议事进行

The agenda lies at the heart of the meeting. It s a list of all the items scheduled for discussion at a current meeting, and the order in which they will be discussed. The group s secretary, who bases it on decisions from the last meeting, creates the agenda. The secretary is responsible for writing the agenda, but any employee of the group could perform the work. The secretary is responsible for taking the meeting minutes, distributing the meeting notice and preparing the agenda.

议程是会议的核心,详列目前会议中准备讨论的事项及顺序。组织中的秘书根据上次会议的决议拟写这次会议的议题。秘书是负责这项工作的人,但任何一位组织内成员都可以担负这项工作。秘书要做会议记录,发会议通知和准备议程。

开始讨论

would you like to... 你愿意

Mr. Cerpul, would you like to start?

Cerpul 先生,请开始。

Mr. Reid, would you like to take it from here?

Reid先生,你愿意从这儿接着发言吗?

Mr.Smith,would you like to go first?

Smith先生,你愿意先开始吗?

Mr. Bates, would you like to comment on that?

Bates先生,你愿意谈谈对此事的看法吗?

Would you like to add anything, Martha?

Martha,你还有什么补充的吗?

the floor is... 由发言

Yes, why don t you start, the floor is yours.

是的,为什么不由你开始呢?请你发言。

The floor is now opened to questions.

现在可以开始提问。take/from/ask for the floor发言

Dr. Richard, will you take the floor?

Richard博士,你打算发言吗?

This interesting paper presentation is now open for questions or comments from the floor now.

现在请与会者可以就这篇被推荐的趣文发言。

We are now ready to entertain questions or comments from the floor.

我们已经准备好接受大家的发言了。

I would like to invite and ask for questions or comments from the floor now.

现在我打算邀请各位发言讨论。

After discussion, who would like to ask for the floor?

经过讨论,谁愿意来发言?

proceed to/ carry on the discussion 开始讨论

We shall now proceed to the discussion.

我们现在开始讨论。

Please carry on the discussion from Cerpul.

请从Cerpul 开始讨论。

Now, we will carry on the discussion of the three papers that have just been presented.

现在,我们将对刚提出的三项议题展开讨论。

We will now proceed to the panel discussion.

我们现在将开始小组讨论。

This paper will proceed to the discussion.

开始讨论这项议题。

call upon... 请讲话

First, I would like to call upon Professor Cerpul.

首先,请Cerpul 教授讲话。

I would first like to call upon Professor Brown to this subject.

我想先请Brown教授谈谈这个话题。

I would like to call upon Dr. Watson if he wouldn t care to make any comments about the paper presented.

如果Watson博士不介意的话,我想请他来针对刚提出的议案发言。

According to the theme of this meeting, I want to call upon someone to make comments.

根据本次会议的主题,我想请些人发言(讲话)。speak about... 就讲话

First of all, we shall ask Professor Cerpul to speak about the actual situation briefly, and then we shall enter into discussion.

首先,我们请Cerpul 教授对实际状况作一个简要的叙述,然后进入讨论。

Mr. Cerpul, would you speak about your plan for developing biochemical solutions?

Cerpul 先生,可以谈谈你对发展生化溶剂的计划吗?

Mr. Cerpul, please speak about the findings of your research team.

Cerpul 先生,请谈谈您的科研小组的研究调查结果。

Could you speak about the problems a little more?

您能多讲一些有关这些问题的详细情况吗?

Mr.Smith,could you please speak about your next research plan?

Smith先生,能否说明您的下一个研究计划?

your turn / over to you 该你了

It s your turn now, Ms. Green.

该你了,Green女士。

Now, over to you James.

James,该你发言了。

Your turn, please!

该你了!

Don t be absent minded, it s your turn!

别心不在焉的,该你发言了。

The discussion is over to you, what are you doing?

该你了,想什么呢?

A:Attention, please! The discussion is beginning.

大家注意,讨论马上就开始了。

B:OK, I expect it!

好啊,我早盼着了。

A:Is that true, Mr. Wallance? You seem in top form today.

真的吗,Wallance 先生?你今天看起来很有精神。

B:Just so so.

还可以吧。

A:Then could you start the ball rolling?

那么,你先开始发言怎么样?

B:Uh, sure. Well, I think we should keep in mind that the key to good sales is advertising.

嗯,好的。我想我们应该牢记销路的好坏全凭广告。

C:Well, that s kind of obvious, Wallance.

那是显而易见的事,Wallance。

B:Ralph, don t give me a break.

Ralph, 不要打岔了。

A:Uh, let s keep this going, shall we?

啊,请继续说下去吧。

引导与会者发言

would / could you... , 你能

Professor Haulf, would you like to make some comments on this point?

Haulf 教授,您想就此做出什么评论吗?

Dr. Cooper, would you comment on that?

Cooper 博士,您想评论一下吗?

Dr. Allison, could you elaborate on that?

Allison 博士,您能阐述一下您的观点吗?

Professor Boom, could you clarify this point?

Boom 教授,您能进一步阐明这一点吗?

Dr. Yamo, would you describe this point in detail?

Yamo 医生,您能详细说一下吗?

Professor Bada, could you summarize your findings?

Bada 教授,您能总结一下吗?

Professor Brown, would you answer this question?

Brown 教授,您能回答一下这个问题吗?

Dr. Beck, could you tell us something about the properties of the polyester?

Beck 博士,您能谈一下聚酯化合物的特性吗?

is / are there... 有没有关于

Is there anyone among those present here who has experienced such a case?

在场的有谁曾经历过这样的情形吗?

Are there any proposals about this subject?

关于这个主题,有什么提案吗?

Are there any other topics we need to address?

还有其他我们需要提出讨论的议题吗?

Is there anyone who has a different opinion from the one just expressed?

对于刚刚的发言,有不同意见吗?

Are there any further questions or comments regarding this proposal?

关于这个提案,有人有其他的问题或看法吗?

Is there anyone else who has something to say regarding this matter?

针对这件事有人要发言吗?

Are there any comments from those who have not yet spoken today?

请问今天尚未发言的人,有什么意见吗?

Are there any specific questions you would like to address to Dr. Yang?

大家有什么问题要问杨先生吗?

Is there anyone in the audience who has any comments or experience to report?

针对这一报告大家有什么评论吗?

Could you tell us... 你能告诉我们

Could you tell us why you propose brand management?

能告诉我们您提出品牌管理的理由吗?

Since you have done detailed research in this question, could you tell us, please, what you think?

由于您详细研究过这个问题,您能告诉我们您的想法吗?

Since there is surely a great deal that we can learn from the opinion of such an experienced man as yourself, could you please tell us very frankly what your thought in this matter is?

像您这样经验丰富的人提出意见,我们一定能从中获益。请您坦率地谈一谈对此事的看法,可以吗?

Mr. Smith, you appear to have some objection regarding this matter. Could you please tell us what you think regarding it?

Smith先生,您好像对这件事有异议,能告诉我们您的意见吗?

does anyone have... 有人有吗

Does anyone here have experience in these types of cases?

这里有人有过这类案例的经验吗?

Does anyone have further information on this issue?

关于这个问题,有谁有更进一步的消息吗?

Does anyone have any opinions regarding the proposal?

关于这个提案,有人有任何的意见吗?

A:Now we have heard the main speaks, I declare the discussion open.

既然我们已经听完了主要发言人的发言,我宣布讨论开始。

B:Yes, we all expect to have the chance.

我们都盼望着发言呢。

A:Really, Mr. Smith? Then can you comment on it?

Smith 先生,真的吗?那你能评论一下吗?

B:Certainly. It s my honor. In my opinion...

当然了,这是我的荣幸。在我看来……

A:Thank you for your view. Mr. Smith, it s excellent. Then is there any other opinions?

谢谢你的发言,Smith 先生,真的很不错。那还有谁愿意发言?

B:I prepare for it a week ago. And I know so do Mr. Wang.

我一周前就准备这个了,而且我知道王先生和我一样。

A:You re great! Mr. Wang, please let us share your remarks, OK?

你们真的很棒!王先生,请让我们分享一下你的想法,好吗?

征求与会者意见

what do you think... 你怎么看

Looking at the matter from the results of your own research, what do you think about this point?

从你自己的研究结果来看,你对这一点有什么看法?

What do you think is the best way to improve the current situation?

你认为要改善现状,什么是最好的办法?

I m not sure. What do you think, Sarah?

我拿不准。Sarah,你有什么意见?

What do you think regarding the points debated by Mr. Smith?

你对于Smith先生的观点有什么看法?

Mr. Smith, what do you think regarding the opinion just expressed by Mr. John?

Smith 先生,你认为John先生刚才表述的意见如何?

Ah, Mr. Smith, we haven t heard from you yet. What do you think?

啊,Smith先生,我们还没听到你的意见,你认为怎么样?

We haven t heard from you yet, George. What do you think about this proposal?

George,我们还没听到你的发言,你怎样看这个建议?

how do you feel about... 你对有什么想法

Mr.Smith,how do you feel about this issue?

Smith先生,你对这起事件有什么想法?

How do you feel about the proposal?

你对这个提案有何意见?

Pamela, how do you feel about what Jerry s said?

Pamela,对Jerry的话你怎么看?

How do you feel about this, Anne?

Anne,你对此事是怎么看的?

How do you feel about it, Cerpul?

Cerpul,你对此感觉如何?

How do you feel about the new schedule, Mr. Baxter?

Baxter先生,你对新的时间安排有何意见?

do you have... 你有吗

Mr.Cerpul,do you have any other opinions about this idea?

Cerpul 先生,关于这个构想,你有其他意见吗?

Do you have something to add to what has just been said?

你要对刚刚所说的作补充吗?

Do you have further information on this point?

你能对此提供更多的信息吗?

Do you have any views on this, Mr. Smith?

Smith先生,您对这个问题有什么看法?

Do you have any solutions to the issue which Mr. A has raised?

你对A先生提出的问题有什么解决办法吗?

Do you have any questions for Dr. Tassy?

你对 Tassy 先生提问吗?

Do you have any questions to direct to Dr. Lassen?

你要问Lassen 先生问题吗?

Specifically, what request do you have in mind?

你有什么具体的要求吗?

Since you re in charge of planning, do you have anything you want to say?

既然你负责这项计划,你有什么想说的吗?sb. will explain/provide/cover...某人将说明/提供/谈及

Mr.Smith will explain the merits of financial engineering.

(=Mr.Smith will say some words regarding the merits of financial engineering.)

Smith先生将会说明财务工程的优点。

Mr.Smith will provide us with detailed information on the merits of financial engineering.

Smith先生将会提供我们关于财务工程优点的详细资讯。

Mr.Smith will cover a different point of view about the merits of financial engineering.

Smith先生将谈及关于财务工程优点的其他看法。

Mr. Smith will provide us with his interesting experiences as the department head.

Smith 先生将与我们大家一起分享他担任部门主管期间的一些经历。

...to improve the situation 改进目前状况

What is the best thing that can be done to improve the situation?

最好的改进方案是什么?

How can we do to improve the situation?

我们怎么改进状况?

What do you think is the best way to improve the situation?

你认为要改善现状,最好的方法是什么?

We hope to hear your frank opinions and views related to the subject to improve the situation.

关于这个议题,我们期盼能听到你坦率的意见和观点来改进一下当前的境况。

Are there any particularly helpful methods to improve the situation?

有特别有效的方法来改进状况吗?

have objection regarding / object to...

对于有异议

Mr.Smith,you seem to have objections regarding the proposal. Could you please tell us what you think about it?

Smith先生,你似乎对这个提案有些反对。你能告诉我们你的看法吗?

Mr.Morgan,you appear to object to Mr.Brown s proposal.Will you explain the reason?

Morgan小姐,你似乎反对Brown先生的提案。你能说明一下理由吗?

Mr. Smith, you seem to object to Mr. Bob s interpretation. Will you explain why?

Smith先生,你好像反对Bob先生的意见,你能解释一下吗?

Mr. Cerpul, you seem to have objection regarding extending our business, could you please tell us what your opinion is?

Cerpul 先生,你似乎反对我们拓展业务,请谈一下你的想法。

to add... 有补充

Would you like to add anything, Margaret?

Margaret,请做些补充,好吗?

Anything to add, Peter?

Peter,你有什么补充吗?

Do you have anything to add about this issue, Richard?

Richard,你是否需要补充些什么?

After the wonderful lecture Dr. Smith give us, is there anyone want to add something?

在Smith先生精彩的演说结束后,哪位想补充一下吗?

Because there is not much time left, I hope everybody can grasp the chance to add something.

因为我们所剩的时间不多了,请各位抓紧时间补充。

A:We would like to discuss how to make our products be famous brand. Can anyone help us on this point?

接下来我们讨论一下如何使我们的产品成为名牌。哪位代表能帮我们说说这一点?

B:Mr. Chairman, I think quality is the most important emphasis.

主席先生,我认为质量是最重要的一环。

A:Ok. Thank you. Others?... Mr. Wang, how do you think of that?

好的,谢谢。其他人呢?……王先生,你有什么想法?

C:Advertisement can t be ignored, too.

广告的作用也不容忽视!

A:Good! Does anyone who hasn t spoken care to comment? Mr. Li, what s your opinion?

好,还没有发言的人呢?李先生,你有什么意见?

D:Oh, no. I agree with them.

噢,没有。我和他们的想法一样。

A:Really? Is there something new?

真的吗?有没有什么新想法?

控制与会者不当发言

give an inch 让步

Couldn t you give an inch, Frank?

Frank,你能让步吗?

I do hope you will give an inch.

我的确希望你能让步。

Can t you give an inch just once?

你难道不能仅此一次做点儿让步吗?

hear some other opinions 听听别人不同的观点

We are pleased at your interest in this subject, but in all fairness I think we should hear some other opinions.

我们很高兴您对此兴趣很大,但是公平起见,我想我们应该听听其他人怎么说。

Mr.Smith,we have been hearing a lot from you,and your suggestions have been very useful.However,we really need to hear more about how some of the others view this subject.

Smith先生,我们已经听了很多你的发言,你的建议也非常有用。 不过,我们真的需要听听更多的其他人关于这个议题的看法。

Thank you,Mr.Smith.Next,I would like to hear some other opinions.

谢谢你,Smith先生。接下来,我想听听其他人怎么说。

Mr. Smith, I m sorry to interrupt you, but we would like to hear some other opinions.

Smith 先生,很抱歉打断您的演讲,但是我们想听听其他人在这一点上的看法。be brief/briefly 简述

Be brief, Thomas, because strictly speaking, Mr. Gower has the floor.

Thomas,请长话短说,因为严格地讲,是该Gower先生发言。

Would you explain it briefly?

能请你简短地说明吗?

Since we are a little short on time,can you please make your question briefly?

因为我们的时间有限,能请你简短叙述你的问题吗?

Mr.Smith, please be brief, there are several other delegates who have indicated that they wish to speak.

Smith 先生,请简短一些,还有其他代表表明希望得到发言的机会。

Could you make a comment here briefly?

你能就此发表一下简短的评论吗?

A:That s right. I must confess that I m rather new in this field, but it has struck me that reasonable price and excellent quality are both the important things to a company. We should insist on that.

的确,我得承认在这个领域我是个新人,但对于产品物美价廉对一个公司至关重要这一点我还是懂得的。我认为我们应该坚持这一立场。

B:Although it is right in some areas, I think that isn t fit for our products.

虽然物美价廉在有些领域是起作用的,但我不认为它同样适合我们公司的产品。

C:Mr. Smith, we should first hear Ms. Morgan out. Ms. Morgan, please go on.

Smith 先生,我们应该先听 Morgan 小姐说完。 Morgan 小姐,请继续。

A:Uh,... That s all.

好的,……我要说的就这么多。

C:Ms. Morgan s opinion and Mr. Smith s are apparently quite opposed, but let s leave it at that, and we ll return back soon.

Morgan 小姐的观点与 Smith 先生的观点截然相反,但是我们先不论谁对谁错,一会儿再讨论这个。

D:OK.

好的。

随机应变

stop/ interrupt ... 打断某人讲话

Sorry Rob, I ll have to stop you here.

对不起,Rob,我不得不打断你。

Sorry to interrupt, but I d just like to say something.

很抱歉打断你,我只是想谈两句。

Sorry to interrupt but that s not the way I see the situation.

对不起,打断一下,但我并不这么看。

May I interrupt you for a moment? I think you have forgotten to allow for the period of grace.

能打断一下吗?我想你忘了给予宽限期。

Sorry to interrupt you. But before we go on, we have to clarify the cost position.

对不起,打搅一下,但在继续之前,我们必须弄清成本状况。

could I just... 我能吗

Could I just make a point here?

我是否能就这个问题说明一点?

Could I just make a suggestion?

我可以提个建议吗?

Excuse me. Could I just say a word?

对不起,我能说一句吗?

Excuse me. Could I just come in here?

对不起,我能插句话吗?

Excuse me. Before you go on, could I just say this?

请原谅我打断你的话。在你继续之前,我能说句话吗?finish (讲话)讲完

Sorry, can I continue now? I haven t finished yet.

对不起,我现在能继续吗?我还没有讲完。

Could you just let me finish?

你能让我把话讲完吗?

OK. I know the time is limited, but I still want to finish it.

好的,我知道时间不多了,但我仍然希望可以把话讲完。

I ll finish it as soon as possible, OK?

我会尽快讲完,好吗?

... later (on) 稍后

I ll come back to this later, if you don t mind.

如果你不介意的话,稍后我会回到这个话题。

That s an interesting point, but I d rather deal with it later on.

这是一个有趣的话题,不过我更愿意稍后再谈它。

I d rather comment on this later on.

我想呆会儿再就此发表评论。

Please wait for a few minutes, I ll come back later.

再等一会儿,我会谈到它的。

can t... at present 现在难以

I m afraid I can t give you a definite answer at present.

恐怕现在我不能给你一个明确的答复。

I can t really say more at present. Anything I add might jeopardize the negotiations with the syndicate.

现在我确实不能再多说了。我多说的任何一句话都可能会使与辛迪加的谈判陷入危险的境地。

Please forgive me, I really can t answer your questions at present.

请原谅,我现在真的回答不了你的问题。

We have a lot of details to deal with, so I can t say any more at present.

我们还有很多细节要处理,恐怕我不能再多说了。

... to answer(one/one s question) 回答(某人/某人的问题)

Sorry to sound evasive, but there is no straight forward to answer that.

抱歉,听起来有点模棱两可,但对此没有明确答案。

I d need more information to answer your question.

我需要更多的信息来回答你的问题。

It s too soon to answer you.

回答你的疑问还为时过早。

I hope you will understand, but to answer your question I would have to divulge classified information.

我希望你能理解,要回答你的问题,我就得泄露机密情报。

can t... immediately 不能立即

I can t respond to this proposal immediately.

我无法立即回复这个建议。

I can t give you an answer immediately. Please let me think about it.

现在我不可能立即给你一个答案。请让我考虑一下。

A:I d like to proceed to the next stage.

我要进行下一阶段了。

B:Excuse me, but may I ask a question?

对不起,我可以问个问题吗?

A:Sure, what did you want to know?

没问题,你想知道什么呢?

B:Do we really have the means to actually pull this off?

我们真的有办法把这件事办成吗?

A:I m sorry, but I didn t understand your question. Could you please repeat it?

对不起,你的问题我不大明白,请你再说一遍好吗?

B:How will we know whether it can have a positive effect on the company?

我们怎么会知道它是否能对公司运转有积极效果呢?

A:That s a tough question to answer, I ll think it over and tell you later.

这真是个难回答的问题,让我再想想,一会儿再答复你。

整顿会场秩序

calm down... 冷静下来

Let s calm down here.

现在让我们冷静下来。

Let s not get too heated up. Calm down, please.

大家不要太激动,保持冷静。

of special interest 受到关注

Lately it has become of special interest.

近来这个问题颇受注目。

It has of special interest recently.

这个问题最近特别受到注目。

A point of special interest emerged from these preliminary results.

初步结果中出现了一个特别受关注的焦点。

note...注意

I do not intend to dwell on small details, but I wish to call your attention to note the fact that...

我不想拘泥小的细节,但是我希望你注意……的事实。

Please note these key differences.

请你注意这些关键差别。

Note these important points!

注意这些重点!

I d like to... 我希望

I d like to ask everyone to quit talking for a moment / for a while.

我想请各位安静一下。

I d like to remember that we are all working together toward the same goal.

请记住,我们都是朝着相同的目标共同努力着的。

I d like to think it over for two or three minutes.

请考虑两三分钟。

I d like to repeat again that please pay your attention to the speaker.

我再重申一次:请大家注意听演讲者发言。

make... clear/clarify 澄清

So, please, let me make this clear. We do not intend to merely license our invention.

所以,请让我把这点说清楚。我们想要做的并不仅仅是为我们的发明申请许可证。

Could you clarify what you have just said? I don t think I fully understand you.

你能澄清你刚才说的话吗?我觉得我没有完全明白你的意思。

Sorry, probably I haven t made myself entirely clear.

对不起,很可能我自己没有完全表达清楚。

I m afraid there seems to have been a slight misunderstanding. This isn t quite what I meant. I ll make it clear.

恐怕有一点儿误会。这并不完全是我要表达的意思,我要澄清一下。

Actually, what I was trying to say is that we need more information. Who can clarify it?

实际上,我要努力说明的是我们需要更多的信息,谁能解释一下?

reconsider... 重新考虑

Since we do not seem to be able to resolve this difference now, could we move on to the next point? Later we ll reconsider it.

我们现在好像不能解决这个分歧,我们先进行下一项讨论吧。一会儿我们再重新考虑。

In light of this new evidence, perhaps you would reconsider.

有了这条新证据,也许你要重新考虑一下。

I think you re on to something here, but in my view we should reconsider the financial first.

你谈的问题值得注意,但我们应该首先从财务角度重新考虑问题。

discuss...once again重新讨论

We shall discuss today s problem once again in our next session.

今天的问题我们将在下次会议上再度讨论。

There are so many things we have to consider, so we should discuss it once again later on.

还有很多我们没考虑到的问题,我们需要从长计议啊!

you have got a point 承认对方有理

I think you have got a point there. There is a strong case for not splitting the department.

我认为你说得有道理。我们有充足的理由不将这个部门拆开。

Maybe you have got a point there, but we must not forget that interest rates have rise in the meantime.

就这一点而言你可能是对的,但我们不能忘了利率也在同时上涨。

You have got a point there. On the other hand, I still think the financial aspects are more important.

你的意见不无道理。但另一方面,还是认为财务问题更为重要。

Maybe you have got a point there, we should consider it seriously.

可能你说得有道理,我们需要认真考虑这一问题。

I have to admit this time you have got a point there. I give up.

这次我不得不承认你说得有理,我认输。

alternative plan / countermeasure/counterplan

应对措施

How are the countermeasures in case of an accident?

意外发生时应该如何处理?

Do you have countermeasures set up for any kind of emergency?

你对紧急事故有什么应对措施吗?

We have to consider the countermeasures for that now.

现在,我们必须先想好处理那件事的对策。

We need to arrange a completely new counterplan.

我们必须安排一个全新的对策。

It s too late for research or test now. We need an emergency counterplan.

现在进行研究或测试都太晚了,我们需要紧急对策。

I m expecting a sufficient counterplan from the government.

我正期待政府提出有效对策。

This counterplan is good enough to last a while for now.

这个对策很好,目前足够持续一阵子。

Well, do you have any good alternative plans?

喔,你有什么好的替代方案吗?

I ve though up some alternative plans for that.

我已经想出了一些替代方案。

Please discuss outright what you think about our alternative plan.

请坦白地说说你对我们替代方案的看法。

A:I don t agree with Mr. Smith. It s okey for someone relatively inexperienced to say that, but someone in his position could experience problems as a result of saying that.

我不同意 Smith先生的观点。没经验的人那样说还可以理解,而像他这么位高权重的人也这么说就表示问题很严重了。

B:What qualifies you to say so? I m not satisfied with you, too.

你凭什么这么说?我对你也很不满意。

C:Why don t we discuss it calmly?

我们为什么不能心平气和地讨论呢?

A:He told us completely different things last time and today. What on earth is going here?

他上次和今天说的完全不一样,到底是怎么回事?

B:I think I should clarify that. Last time probably you didn t hear clearly. I d like to repeat again, please pay more attention.

我想我要澄清一下,上次可能是你没听清楚,现在我再重申一下我的观点,你们都听好了。

C:OK. Everyone, keep quiet!

好的,大家安静下来吧。

控制会议时间

time is running short 时间不足

Because our time is running short, I m going to skip over the next two points and concentrate on the last point.

因为我们时间不够,我将略过下面两点,直接谈最后一点。

Because our time is running short,I will have to omit the other parts.

因为我们的时间不多了,所以我必须省略其他部分。

Because our time is running short,I am going to skip over the next four points and concentrate on the last topic.

因为我们的时间不多,我打算跳过接下来的4项议题,把主要精力放在最后一个议题。

minutes we left 我们就剩下

Because there are only a few minutes we left, let me quickly summarize my conclusions.

因为仅剩几分钟了,我就尽快提出我的结论吧。

There re twenty or thirty minutes we left.

我们只剩下二三十分钟了。

There s not any minutes we left.

剩的时间不多了。

Could you please be brief? There re no minutes we left!

请简单地谈一谈,好吗?没有时间了。

There are only twenty minutes we left, so we have to make a summarize.

只剩下20分钟了,我们必须做一下总结。

run over / out of time 用完时间

How are we doing on time? Do we run out of time?

我们的时间掌握得如何? 到点了吗?

I m worried that we run over time.

我担心我们超过预定的时间了。

If we do not speed up,we are going to run out of time.

如果我们不加快脚步,时间会被我们用完。

We have almost run out of time.

(=Our time is nearly up.)

我们没时间了。

We almost run out of time. May I ask for two or three final comments before we close?

我们的会议要结束了。闭会前我可以再要求两三位谈谈意见吗?

extend... 延长

We only scheduled three hours for this meeting,but we need more time to discuss.Would everyone be comfortable extending this meeting for an extra thirty minutes?

本会议仅规划为3个小时,但是我们需要更多时间来讨论。各位是否能接受会议再延长30分钟?

I d like to hear everyone s opinion.Let s extend our time.

我希望能听到每个人的意见,让我们延长时间吧。

Let s extend our time to solve this problem, could we?

我们再延长一会儿解决这个问题,怎么样?

May I pardon you to extend time? I want to make a summarize?

我可以请求再耽误大家一会儿吗?我想做个总结。

continue... 继续

Would everybody be willing to continue another 30 minutes so that we can reach consensus on this subject?

各位愿意把会议再继续30分钟吗?以便能在本议题上达成共识。

We have to conclude this today.Let us continue.

今天我们得做出结论,让我们继续吧。

That is a good idea.Could we continue our discussion concerning this topic?

好主意。关于这个话题我们可否继续讨论?

Shall we continue this meeting a little longer,or schedule for another day?

我们延长会议呢,或是改天再开?

Finally, by way of conclusion, we should like to hear something about the prospects for the future. Let us continue.

最后我们希望听到针对未来前景提出的结论。我们继续吧。

I m afraid the time is running out, but we still have a problem to be solved, shall we continue?

恐怕时间到了,但还有一件事要说,我们继续吗?

We have a number of speakers, who will be presenting papers which will take approximately twelve minutes each. We have three minutes for discussion on each individual paper, and then if we have some time at the end, we will be able to have an opportunity for a group discussion.

我们的发言人每人都有大约 12分钟的发言时间,针对每个人的发言我们有3分钟的提问时间。如果最后还有时间,我们就能有机会进行集体讨论。

Five minutes before each talk is terminated, there will be a warning signal, a green light, which the speaker, I hope, will be able to identify, and the speaker will then continue five more minutes before a buzzer is given or a red light is show.

在每人发言时间还有5分钟的时候,绿色信号灯就会亮,我希望发言人能够注意到,并能抓紧时间在哨声响起或红信号灯亮之前结束发言。

I think in the interest of time we have to stop. If you have any other questions or comments, you may have some time at the end of the meeting or you may talk with Dr. Fox personally.

由于时间关系我们就讨论到这儿,如果你还有其他的问题或意见,可以在会后或者是直接与 Fox 先生联系发表你的看法。

We have fifteen minutes more for questions. I think most of the speakers are still here in the audience, so if anybody would like to ask a question about anything about this afternoon s session, feel free to do so at least for the next 15minutes.

我们还有15分钟的提问时间。大部分人还坐在观众席上没有离开,我想如果哪一位想对有关今天下午这个会议的某个问题提问,我们可以利用这段时间进行。8宣告会议休息或继续Have a Break or Continue

宣告会议休息或继续

take a(...) break 稍做休息

We ve gone over quite a lot. Shall we take a break?

我们已经进行很久了,我们休息一下好吗?

I don t know about the rest of you, but I d like to take a break.

我不知道你们是否要休息,但我想休息片刻。

Now we will take a 15 minute break.

现在我们会有15分钟的休息时间。

Let s take a 30 minute break.

让我们休息30分钟。

Let s take a break and restart the meeting fresh in the afternoon.

现在先休息一下,下午才有精神开会。

This has been a positive discussion,but I am afraid we have kept the participants seated too long.Shall we take a 15 minute break and relax?

这是个具有积极意义的讨论,不过恐怕我们已经让与会者坐了太久。我们可否休息15分钟放松一下?

We will take a break in a few minutes,but do you have anything else to add? Mr.Smith,how about you?

再过几分钟我们会休息一下,不过有人要补充吗?Smith先生,你呢?

have a... recess 休息一段时间

Now we will have a ten minute recess.

现在我们休息10分钟。

Some of you may wish to reconsider your final decision before casting your votes.Accordingly,let s have a 10 minute recess.

在投票之前,也许你们之中有人想重新考虑一下最后的决定。所以,让我们休息10分钟。

Some of you may wish to phone your office before casting your votes. Accordingly, let s have a thirty minute recess.

有些人或许希望在投票前打电话回办公室,因此,我们休息 30分钟。

This has been a most productive discussion, but I m afraid we have kept the members seated too long. Shall we have a ten minute stretch recess?

刚刚的讨论很有意义,但是大家坐得太久了,是不是我们休息10分钟活动一下?

We ll now have a short, five minute recess.

我们现在将有5分钟短暂的休息时间。

stop / finish...结束

Let s stop the meeting here and continue in about 10minutes.

我们现在暂停,10分钟后继续。

According to my watch, we re scheduled to finish our discussion in about five minutes, is there a final comment?

照我的手表来看,我们还有大约5分钟就可以结束讨论,还有要发言的吗?

Although there are still other topics on our program, we must stop the talks in a few minutes. We still have ten minutes left, so if there are any questions, please feel free to ask them now. If not, we will reconvene after lunch.

尽管仍有许多问题,但是我们必须结束了。剩下最后10分钟,如果有任何问题请现在提出来。如果没有的话,我们午餐以后继续讨论。

Let s stop the meeting here and have a coffee break.

让我们先停下来休息会儿。

We should finish the meeting for ten minutes, please return on time.

我们休息10分钟,大家要准时回来。

restart... 重新进行

We will now restart our meeting.

我们现在重新开始继续进行会议。

Our break is finished.Please return to your seats so we can restart our discussion.

我们的休息时间结束了。请各位回座,以便继续我们的讨论。

Could all of you take your seats? We need to restart our meeting.

请你们各位就座好吗?我们需要继续开会了。

Please be seated! We re going to restart our meeting.

大家坐好吧,会议再次开始。

We should restart the meeting, let s go back to the discussion.

我们重新开始吧,回到刚才讨论的话题。

A:OK, stop here. I suggest let s break and resume in the afternoon with a fresh mind.

好了,就到这儿吧,我建议我们休息一下,让头脑清醒清醒,下午继续。

B:Why? I didn t have a chance to give my opinion.

为什么?我还没有机会发表我的看法呢?

A:Never mind. We ll let you to give us a lecture first afternoon, OK?

没关系,下午我们让你第一个发言怎么样?

B:OK, go and have a lunch.

好吧,走,去吃饭去。

(At 13:00.)

A:Please be seated! Our meeting is going to restart.

大家坐好吧,我们接着开会。

B:May I first?

我第一个吗?

A:Sure, Mr. Smith. Please.

当然,Smith 先生。请吧。

同类推荐
  • 饭店英语对答如流

    饭店英语对答如流

    内容鲜活,并且深入饭店组织,分别从前台部、客房部、餐饮部、商务部、商场部、康乐部展现各种英语对话情景,能满足国内饭店行业员工学习英语日常对话及接待外宾的基本需要,也能提高国内各大饭店的整体形象和员工的素质。
  • 阿米!走步!

    阿米!走步!

    本书包括阿米!走步!Ami! Chogbo!和谁先住进去 First , Move into Your New House和核!合!和!Conflict! Cooperation! Concord!内容。
  • 当英语成为时尚:生活全由你创造

    当英语成为时尚:生活全由你创造

    大千世界,人生百态,伟大的作家往往能捕捉到哲理闪光的瞬间,凝聚睿智的理念。本书摘取了耐人寻味、震撼人心的哲理美文和励志故事,希望读者能够细细品读,感受笔墨下的精神力量和人生真理
  • 一本书读懂消失的文明

    一本书读懂消失的文明

    《一本书读懂消失的文明(英汉对照)》主要内容包括世界上已经消失的14大古代文明,它们是古希腊文明、古罗马文明、古埃及文明、古巴比伦明、古印度文明、奥尔梅克文明、印加文明、玛雅文明、阿兹特克文明、吴哥文明、波斯波利斯文明、蒲甘文明、楼兰古国文明。曾经的它们抑或奇特璀璨,抑或神奇飘渺,抑或深蕴着乡土文化,抑或笼罩着城市风采,这些早已逝去的文明却留下了醉人的印记,带领着我们走进古老神秘的文明探索之旅。
  • 从零开始学德语,“袋”着走

    从零开始学德语,“袋”着走

    《从零开始学德语,“袋”着走》恰恰满足了初学者的诉求。不仅封面大方美观,内容更是丰富多彩。从基础字母入门,到日常生活、青春校园、职场风云、特色文化等,几乎涵盖了所有你能想到的,以及你若是有机会去德国旅游、生活或是工作能够用到的各个方面。
热门推荐
  • 我身体里住着一条龙

    我身体里住着一条龙

    龙,华夏民族的象征,所有国人都以龙的传人自居,但是当它真正住进你的身体的时候,你会发现世界是如此的光怪陆离……
  • 极宠我的娇宝贝

    极宠我的娇宝贝

    我是一名高中生,性格孤僻,有点自负,还有些怪异。喜爱小说,爱好幻想,总想着天上掉馅饼,一夜暴富。会遇到一个又帅又有钱的理想男友,可是本人不说长得怎样,就单单是身材就不堪入目,又胖又矮,还总自以为是,正是应证了那句丑人多作怪啊。可突然有一天这样的生活被打破了。。。。。
  • 无诗不成唐

    无诗不成唐

    作者采用章回体的写作形式,将历史与诗人的生命轨迹相互结合,以渊博的学识、幽默流畅的文笔,讲述了唐代数十位诗人的逸闻趣事,再现了唐诗的魅力与诗人的天才,更展现了诗人所在时代的历史画卷。读古诗,知古事;诗中有史,史化为诗。本书为读者讲述唐诗背后的隐秘故事,还原一个真实的文化唐朝。
  • 许你一辈子暖暖的好

    许你一辈子暖暖的好

    有道是,失恋之后,一别两宽各生欢喜,往事不要再提,人生已多风雨。可是,真正能够做到不再提起的又有多少?爱别离,求不得,向来都是无解的两大命题。叶筱暖曾问自己,如果得知日后会分开,当初是否还会全力以赴去爱?如果知道会重逢,知道你还在等我,是不是当初就有勇气扛住那些艰辛?王珂曾问秦若,后悔么?绕了那么大一个圈子,兜兜转转,还是最想要她。早知今日,当初为何要出国,出国之后为什么不舍归来?刘以灏说:”筱暖,我今晚说的每句话都是认真的。我很想娶你为妻,想以丈夫的身份和你站在一起。”从此,秦若,刘以灏,都是心尖上的字。来过,走过。就此别过。阳光温热,岁月静好。我只是难过,不能陪你一起到老。
  • 天蓬重修传

    天蓬重修传

    重游历险,笑傲江湖,我有仙术,百变八戒,泡妞寻美。
  • 绝色之骄阳恋

    绝色之骄阳恋

    她只是从异时空飘来的一片孤羽,何幸,被他救下,带回王府。他,看似面容绝世的王爷,然,时而残忍时而温柔。在他的背后,到底有些什么故事?他,雨楼的第一杀手,面对那个阴冷恐怖的王爷,可是天意却让他爱上了王爷的女人。而这个女人,最终她是否会甘心随他而去……【现实中没有多少爱是可以完美的,我希望文章能带给大家不一样的感觉。】
  • 超时空大冒险

    超时空大冒险

    2120年,时空穿梭机研发成功,它可以带乘客在时间长河里自由航行。初一学生小乔在时空旅行时出现意外,被困在了一亿年后的海洋。一亿年后的海洋世界与现在大相径庭,水母进化成了超级战舰般的庞然大物,海参进化成了可怕的掠食者。小乔附身到了一只海蜘蛛身上,成了海蜘蛛世界的一员。为了寻找回到人类社会的机会,小乔历经了种种磨难,结识了不少海蜘蛛朋友,也目睹了巨钳蟹的残酷和礁海参的狡诈,更是认识到了在一亿年后这个超级海洋中,自己是多么微不足道。
  • 当约会大作战遇上了天降之物

    当约会大作战遇上了天降之物

    司令,精灵已经引起了空间震,请让士道赶紧出击吧!士宏呢,关紧变身成为伊卡洛斯帮助士道啊……开始我们的Date-A-Live吧
  • 火舞苍澜:恋上神龙太子

    火舞苍澜:恋上神龙太子

    她是烈焰国的火凤仙,神兽火凤在手,却未能报得杀父之仇。大婚之际丈夫惨死,悲痛的她惊异地发现凶手竟然是南海龙太子!那个让她魂牵梦绕的人。杀父仇人对自己有恩,杀夫仇人又曾对自己柔情似水。国家动荡,逼宫,篡位,背叛,和亲,异国的挑衅,诸国政变纷至沓来。看着心上人抱着别的女人山盟海誓,面对所谓丈夫的诈死欺骗,身上尘封许久的可怕力量终于蠢蠢欲动……
  • 道仙缘

    道仙缘

    宇宙洪荒,十方大界,吾心所向只求一方净土古往今来,三千大道,吾道所往只需长生逍遥